Holding a Benefit for the House — Benefit Approval Guidelines
In order to ensure that all proposed fundraising projects are in keeping with our organizational guidelines, and to comply with regulations pertaining to non-profit organizations, we require:
- Completion of the Event Application for review prior to authorization to conduct an event. This application should be submitted a minimum of 30 days prior to date of the Fundraising Event. The Development Committee representative(s) will review the request. All requests will be answered no later than 15 days after receipt.
- Use of RMH name or logo will only be authorized after the Fundraising Event has been approved by Development staff. Sponsor is authorized to use the Name “Ronald McDonald House at Stanford” only in connection with the Fundraising Event, and only until the earlier of the completion of the event or termination of this agreement. All usage of the trademark of “Ronald McDonald House” shall bear the registered trademark symbol, “®”.
- Any advertisements, invitations, press releases, or other promotional materials bearing the RMH name or logo need to be approved by RMH prior to their release.
- The amount or percentage of monies donated to RMH must be included in all advertisements so that the public knows what percentage of their funds will benefit the House.
- RMH assumes no responsibility for promoting the Fundraising Event.
- The Fundraising Event sponsor/organization must make it explicitly clear in all solicitations that the event is not produced by RMH, only that it benefits RMH.
- RMH will not provide letterhead for event use.
- We must always be sensitive to the privacy of children or families staying at RMH. Therefore, no family that is or has been a guest of the RMH may be exploited in connection with the event or endeavor.
- The Fundraising Event sponsor/organization agrees to comply with all necessary local or government regulations. This includes, but is not limited to, registering with the appropriate agencies, obtaining any required licenses or permits, purchasing insurance, and following any rules of disclosure currently required by the IRS.
- The Fundraising Event sponsor/organization holding the event intended to benefit RMH agrees to indemnify and hold RMH harmless from any and all claims that may arise as a result of this event.
- Due to the high level of demand on staff and/or volunteers’ time, RMH cannot commit the resources of its staff and/or volunteers if the net revenue is expected to be less than $5,000.
- This agreement shall not be assignable by Sponsor.
- Any endeavor which requires that the Ronald McDonald House solicit its donors or Board of Directors to make or solicit purchases will not be accepted.
- Sponsor shall perform all things necessary for the successful completion of the Fundraising Event, and shall assume full obligation and responsibility for the payment of all expenses in connection therewith, without regard to the amount of funds collected for the Event.
- Under no circumstances may an individual keep any portion of the proceeds as profit or compensation for organizing the event.
- Sponsor agrees to deliver to RMH, within 5 business days after the completion of the Fundraising Event, the proceeds, including pledges, and to provide a written accounting of the Fundraising Event if requested by RMH.